Payment Plan Policy
Cogswell College offers a payment plan option
for each semester.
Cogswell College offers a payment plan option for each semester. Payment plans are administered by the Business Office and Financial Aid Departments. Payments will be divided into equal installments with the 1st payment due 2 weeks prior to the 1st day of classes. Payments not received by the due date are considered late and penalties may be assessed.
- Payment plans are generally created by the Financial Aid advisor during the packaging process (every two terms), but can also be initiated at any time by contacting the Business Office.
- Payment plans are established for each term. For the fall & spring terms, the balance owed will be divided into 4 equal payments. The summer term will be divided into 3 equal payments, and the late summer and late fall sessions will be divided into 2 equal payments.
- The 1st Payment of each term will be due 14 days (2 weeks) before the start of term, the 2nd payment will be due 25 days after the start of term, and the 3rd & 4th payments (if applicable) will be due monthly thereafter. See the payment calendar on the college website for due dates by term.
- A $50 deferral fee will be assessed and added to the amount due on the first payment.
- If the student receives financial aid, any remaining balance after aid has been applied to the account will become the basis for the total amount owed. No financial aid will be applied until all requirements have been met.
- All Payment Plans are based on our best estimate of future balances. Any change in the total plan amount (student account balance) caused by adding/dropping classes (or any other reason) will be adjusted on the last payment or will become due and payable at the end of the term. Refunds will be issued if an overpayment (credit balance) is created on the account.
- Payment plans are established before the start of the term for current semester charges only. Prior debt must be paid before establishing a new plan.
- Payments can be made via check, credit/debit card, or cash. Checks should be made payable to Cogswell College. Credit card payments can be made by the following methods:
1) Via the students’ web portal through the “my ledger” tab
2) Via an individual Paypal account by sending the payments to email@example.com referencing the students first + last name.
3) Over the phone by calling 408.498.5132.
- A $20 late penalty will be assessed for each payment that is past due.
- Failure to make payment in full may result in a financial hold being placed on the student account, which may prevent registration for the next semester and may limit access to other student services until the account becomes current.
- Contact the Business Office at 408.498.5132 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to establish a payment plan.