New Student Admissions Requirements
Applicants for admission must submit the following to the Admissions Office:
- Interview with a College Admission Advisor,
- A completed application form,
- An essay from the applicant which describes his/her interest in Cogswell College’s educational programs,
- A completed recommendation form or a letter of recommendation,
- An official high school transcript, or an official report of scores earned on the General Educational Development (GED) test, or proof of completion in a home schooling program or equivalent, the College does not accept Ability-to-Benefit students,
- A portfolio of original work for the Digital Arts and Animation (DAA), the Digital Audio Technology (DAT), Game Design Art (GDA), and Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) programs, where applicable,
- Complete placement tests in Mathematics, English and Music Theory, if applicable, to assess the competency level of each subject. Placement test may be waived.
Passing Scores Engineering
|Mathematics*||75% Online Test|
70% Paper-based Test
|Mathematics||65% Online Test|
70% Paper-based Test
|Music Theory||N/A||Music Theory||60% for DAT Non-Engineering|
* Engineering students that score between40-74% on the online, or 30-69% on the paper-based test, will be placed in MATH116. Engineering students that score 39% or less on the online, or 29% or less on the paper-based test, will be placed in remedial MATH003.
All materials should be mailed to:
191 Baypointe Parkway
San Jose, CA 95134
You will be notified when we have received your complete application. The application evaluation process takes no more than two weeks from the day that the completed application is received in the office. If additional information is necessary, one of our Admissions Counselors will contact you.
An essay is required from all applicants.
On a separate sheet of paper, type an essay describing yourself and reasons for applying to this program. Tell us how your education will relate to your career goals. The essay must be approximately 2 double-spaced typed pages.
Notification of Admission
All applicants will receive an acknowledgement of their admission status approximately two (2) weeks after their file is complete and processed. Notification will include information regarding registration, academic advising, and enrollment agreement.
Right of Acceptance or Enrollment
Cogswell College reserves the right to revoke acceptance or continued enrollment if:
- Any application materials are false or misrepresented.
- The student imposes any risk to the health, safety or welfare of others.
- A student disrupts the orderly process of the College, or a student violates any Cogswell policy.