Photography provides not just a quick representation of life at Cogswell, but serves as a powerful catalyst for a richer emotional attachment to our college.
Cogswell's photography shows the sparks of creativity in and around the college, it's studios and it's labs. With a controlled color palette focusing on warm hues and cool contrasts, coupled with an emphasis on personality, Cogswell's photography reinforces the idea of creating the extraordinary. All of our photography should seek the unexpected, and reveal the excitement and energy of discovery and transformation.
Guidelines for use
Using existing photography:
- Images may be cropped.
- Do not reduce image size to such an extent as to minimize impact.
- Allow plenty of white space around the images.
- Do not color-correct the images.
Photography, while expensive, can dramatically alter the effectiveness of your communication vehicles. It also is a key component of Cogswell's memorability and recognizability.
when securing new photos:
- Hire the best photographer you can afford.
- Follow the look and feel of Cogswell's latest photography
- Seek active and unexpected shots.
- Control the photographic color palette to achieve a bright, airy and modern feel, with emphasis on warmth and personality.